Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Reflections and Design Ideas from Assignment Three

Overall I put a lot of effort with this assignment and I enjoyed being creative and thinking about appreciating the Indigenous Australian Community. Although I was a bit surprised that nearly most of the students were using a bit of CAD to create their final drawings, I ended up drawing using pen by using templetes from the pictures I snapped and the files from Sketchup. Cause I'm a Arch Comp student, I should have done some more drawings in Revit or sketchup. My modelling techniques obviously need room for improvement if I want to pursue architecture as my materiality choice is poor as well as unable to allocate more time which is the key with creating architectural models as they take ages to create. My intention for the model was to use FIMO (a clay used to create crafts such as necklaces and photo albums) as representation for the building but this plan failed, so I ended up using carboard and glue tack to create the buidling tough still, I was not happy with the aesthetics.

Here are some of my design ideas for my design for the art gallery:
Courtyard Design Idea



















































Building Design Idea

No comments: