Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Tips for inserting and adjusting stairs in UT2004

Hey fellows

Here are tips on how you can install and adjust stairs:
1. Just like creating the box you can adjust to what height,width and breath of the stairs
2. The most annoying part about adjusting stairs is that you have to rotate the stairs to the position you desire. When I first installed stairs I found it hard to rotate objects but I managed to do this trick in top view however can be pain in the neck because the stairs keeps changing it's position.
3.You can get rid of the block space from your staircase so that your structure may not be ugly and boring. This can be done by using a block by whatever size and using a subtract tool to get rid of some of the uneccessary block of the stair.
4. One important tip is definetely test your map with the staircases, because that's the mistake I made when I explored my UT2004 environment. The stairs were to cramped, they were hard to climb on and they were to narrow.

No comments: